Soybean Research Associate
Stine Seed Company, a privately held growing national seed company, is seeking talented individuals for the position of Soybean Research Associate at its facility near Adel, Iowa. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with one of the industry’s most respected corn and soybean seed companies. Full-time positions are available immediately.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with seed preparation and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. Qualified candidates should be hard-working and self-directed. Some overnight travel is required. Preference will be given to candidates with previous farm experience.
Stine offers competitive pay, health insurance and retirement benefits. Pre-employment screening, including drug testing, may be required.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with other team members
- Preparation, sorting, cleaning, packaging, and labeling of seed for plot work
- Ability to maintain and operate basic farm equipment, including planters, sprayers and plot combines
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with systematic decision making, problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently
- Must possess a valid driver's license; may be required to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) in the future. DOT physical required at time of employment
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to stand and sit for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours, including weekend work required during seasonal peaks. This includes overnight trips to off-site locations and additional travel as necessary at off-season locations
- Ability to work in an organized and safe manner
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and coordinate activities
- Pesticide applicator certification at time of employment
- Basic computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft programs including (Excel, Word, etc.) a benefit
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
- Preference to candidates who are bilingual in Spanish/English
To apply immediately, send a current resume and cover letter to:
Stine Seed Company
ATTN: Human Resources Department
22555 Laredo Trail
Adel, IA 50003
Or email to email@example.com. Attached resumes formatted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat are acceptable.
Visit AgCareers.com for additional openings or to apply online.