Corn Research Associate (Adel, Iowa)
Stine Seed Company, a privately held growing national seed company, is seeking a talented individual for the position of Corn Research Associate at its Adel, Iowa headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with one of the industry’s most respected corn and soybean seed companies. This full-time position is available immediately.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with seed preparation and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. Qualified candidates should be hard-working and self-directed. Some overnight travel is required. Preference will be given to candidates with previous farm experience.
Stine offers competitive pay, health insurance and retirement benefits. Pre-employment screening, including drug testing, may be required.
- Set up, plant, maintain and harvest corn plots
- Preparation, sorting, cleaning, packaging and labeling of seed
- Oprating field planting equipment
- Spraying crops, maintaining sprayers and equipment
- Warehousing activities, including forklift operation
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Preference to candidates with knowledge of field equipment
- Strong team member with an ability to work independently
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver's license and may be required to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL). DOT physical required at time of employment.
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to stand and sit for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks. This includes overnight trips to off-site locations and additional travel as necessary at off-season locations
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with systematic decision making, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft programs including (Excel, Word, etc.) a benefit
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
- Candidates who are bilingual in Spanish/English are highly-sought
To apply immediately, send a current resume and cover letter to:
Stine Seed Company
ATTN: Human Resources Department
22555 Laredo Trail
Adel, IA 50003
Or email to email@example.com. Attached resumes formatted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat are acceptable.