Production Department Associate (Adel, Iowa)
Stine Seed Company, a privately held growing national seed company, is seeking talented individuals to work in the production department at its facility near Adel, Iowa. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with one of the industry’s most respected corn and soybean seed companies. Full-time positions are available immediately.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with seed preparation that will evolve with each season throughout the year. Qualified candidates should be hard-working and self-directed. Preference will be given to candidates with previous agriculture experience.
Stine offers competitive pay, health insurance and retirement benefits. Pre-employment screening, including drug testing, may be required.
- Communicate effectively with other team members, both verbally and in writing
- Understand & follow industry standards for calculating seed size, bushels per acre and converting bag units
- Preparation and maintenance of grower records and files
- Working with outside contractors to produce seed
- Working with account payable department to issue grower payments
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Self-starter with systematic decision making, problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to sort and size seed corn for industry standard size units, calculate bushels per acre and convert to bagged seed units
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas
- Willing and able to stand and sit for extended periods
- Willing and able complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours, including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
- Ability to work in an organized and safe manner
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and coordinate activities
- Basic computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft programs including (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
To apply immediately, send a current resume and cover letter to:
Stine Seed Company
ATTN: Human Resources Department
22555 Laredo Trail
Adel, IA 50003
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attached resumes formatted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat are acceptable.