Research Equipment Technician (Adel, Iowa)
Stine Seed Company, a privately held growing national seed company, is seeking talented individuals for the position of Research Equipment Technician. Stine currently has openings at its facility in Adel, IA. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with one of the industry’s most respected corn and soybean seed companies. Full-time positions are available immediately.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with equipment maintenance and new equipment systems development. Qualified candidates should be hard-working and self-directed. Some overnight travel is required with opportunities for travel outside of the US. Preference will be given to candidates with previous farm experience.
Desired skills include:
- Strong mechanical skills
- Basic understanding of electrical circuits
- Good understanding of Ag automation systems (Auto Steer etc.)
- Welding and fabrication
- CNC machine operation
- Computer aided drafting
- 3D printing
- PLC Ladder logic
- A background in ag technologies or advanced manufacturing technologies or related fields is a plus, but not required
- All candidates will be considered
- Stine will provide on the job training
Stine offers competitive pay, health, vision, dental insurance and retirement benefits. Pre-employment screening, including drug testing, may be required.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with other team members
- Maintaining, sorting, cleaning, packaging, planting and harvesting equipment including associated electronics.
- Asist in the design and build of new seed packaging, planting and harvesting equipment.
- Ability to maintain and operate basic farm equipment, including planters, sprayers and plot combines
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with systematic decision making, problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently
- Basic computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft programs including (Excel, Word, etc.) a benefit
- Willing and able to stand and sit for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours, including weekend work required during seasonal peaks. This includes overnight trips to off-site locations and additional travel as necessary at off-season locations
- Ability to work in an organized and safe manner
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and coordinate activities
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations
- Preference to candidates who are bilingual in Spanish/English
To apply immediately, send a current resume and cover letter to:
Stine Seed Company
ATTN: Human Resources Department
22555 Laredo Trail
Adel, IA 50003
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attached resumes formatted in either Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat are acceptable.