Seasonal Workers Wanted (Adel, Iowa)
Stine Seed Company is looking for individuals for seasonal field work at its Adel, Iowa facility. Applicants must be at least 14 years of age by July 1, 2019.
- Workers will operate in groups performing various in-field tasks related to seed production including detassling, rougueing, corn nursery maintenance, etc.
- Workers are assigned to crews, are properly supervised at all times and supervisors are in place to ensure safe working conditions.
- Transportation to/from work is available from two points - Adel and Perry. Alternately, workers can drive themselves to Stine's facility. All workers are transported to the fields by bus; workers are not allowed to drive their personal vehicles to the fields.
- Availability to begin work in late June or early July; work to last for a period of 3 to 6 weeks; start dates and length of employment will vary based on weather and field conditions.
- Ability to work from 6:00AM to 3:00PM. There will be times when the workday is extended, or shortened, for various reasons.
- Ability to work outside for extended periods.
- Suggested that each worker brings a hat, poncho, sunscreen, a water bottle and packed lunch.
Stine offers compeitive pay of up to $13 per hour, with bonus incentives for attendance and work experience.