Stine’s line of corn containing Agrisure® traits continues to be prominent in our lineup. Over the past few years, we’ve seen great yields and outstanding performance from a number of Stine® Agrisure lines.
Following are some of the competitive features and benefits of Stine Agrisure brand corn:
- High-yielding genetics. The entire lineup of Stine Agrisure brand corn is based on high-yielding, elite genetics that provide the kind of yields that growers have come to expect from Stine.
- Herbicide flexibility. Agrisure Viptera®, Agrisure 3010 and Agrisure GT/CB/LL products provide growers with great herbicide flexibility with tolerance to both glyphosate and glufosinate. Any of the E-Z Refuge® lines are glyphosate tolerant only.
- Season-long insect control. Several Agrisure traits boast either above- and/or below-ground insect protection, tackling pests such as the European corn borer, southwestern corn borer, southwestern cornstalk borer, corn earworm, fall armyworm, dingy cutworm, beet armyworm and black cutworm.
- Rootworm protection. Stine Agrisure Duracade® brand corn is an excellent option for growers that regularly experience heavy rootworm pressure. The Agrisure Duracade trait expresses a protein that binds differently in the gut of corn rootworm compared to other corn rootworm products on the market, providing superior control against Western, Northern and Mexican corn rootworm, which in turn allows the plant to develop a stronger root system. NOTE: Agrisure Duracade is not yet fully approved in all export markets and must be channeled.*
- Refuge options. Some Agrisure corn traits come pre-packaged with structured refuge right in the bag. Stine Agrisure 3120 E-Z Refuge and Agrisure Viptera 3220 E-Z Refuge offer growers high-yielding genetics and outstanding insect control with the added convenience of refuge in bag. Both brands contain five percent integrated refuge in bag, suitable for corn-growing areas (additional 20 percent structured refuge required in cotton-growing areas). However, please consult the 2018 Syngenta Stewardship Guide for refuge requirements.
- Drought tolerance. Agrisure Viptera 3110A provides the same season-long insect control as Agrisure Viptera3110, but with the added protection of Agrisure Artesian™ for superior drought tolerance. Stine Agrisure Artesian brand corn utilizes Agrisure Artesian’s water optimization technology for additional protection from moisture stress.
To learn more about Stine’s corn lineup including Agrisure brand traits, visit our website or reach out to your local Stine sales representative.
* The Agrisure Duracade trait is approved for sale in the United States and Canada, and for export to most international markets, but it is not fully approved worldwide. Growers purchasing corn containing the Agrisure Duracade trait must sign an Agrisure Duracade Grain Use Agreement at the time of seed purchase to verify they will deliver the resulting grain to an accepting location or utilize it for livestock feeding. To learn more about specific locations accepting Duracade, contact Gavilon Grain at (844) 559-1500.