As we approach a new year, we’re excited for what the future holds for our grower customers but would be remiss to not reflect on the milestones achieved in 2023. From expanding our international presence to celebrating the anniversary of the Stine® brand, we’re grateful for the people who helped us achieve these successes. Here are some of the highlights of our year.
- Marked our 45th year of the Stine brand. We kicked off our 45th year of seed sales under the Stine Seed Company brand this summer. To commemorate this important milestone, we met with members of the media to share our story, interviewed company president Myron Stine on the significance of the anniversary, and launched creative branding and messaging surrounding the anniversary, including our 2024 kickoff video.
- Experienced national and global growth. In July, we announced the expansion of our retail brand into Canada, bringing Stine’s global presence to 14 countries worldwide. We also expanded our reach in the United States, with seed sales in 30 states across the country and 800 employees and sales agents to support our grower network from coast to coast.
- Boldly positioned Stine as the inventor of short corn. As our industry competitors spread news of their innovative short-stature corn products, Stine has maintained that we had short corn first, then we perfected it. We recognized this trend decades ago, so we’ve had more time to produce more high-yielding lines of short corn in a broader range of maturities than our competition. Check out some of the industry articles on our position and this podcast episode from Myron Stine on the topic.
- Maintained our standing as the leader in Enlist E3® soybeans. More than half of the U.S. soybean acres will be planted with Enlist E3 soybeans in 2024, and Stine is well positioned to continue our leadership in offering the most Enlist E3 lines in the broadest range of maturities to our grower customers.
- Celebrated our 50th episode of the Stine Seedcast. In September, we commemorated our 50th episode of the Stine Seedcast with company founder Harry Stine. Harry reviewed the history of the Stine Seed Farm, it’s current position in the industry and his hopes for the company in the future. Listen to the episode on your favorite podcast platform.
- Introduced Stine’s Prescriptive Pathogen Report. We launched Stine’s Prescriptive Pathogen Report, available in 2024 and powered by Pattern Ag. The program is available to Stine’s Corn Loyalty level customers at a special discounted price and helps accurately predict future risk for corn rootworm, one of the most damaging soil-born, yield-robbing pests. Learn more about the report here or connect with your local Stine sales representative for details.
- Partnered with Make-A-Wish® Iowa for Stine Harvesting Wishes
Stine and our grower customers now have the opportunity to grant wishes for critically ill children in the communities we serve. In partnership with Make-A-Wish Iowa, the Harvesting Wishes Program connects the agriculture community with children waiting for their wishes to be granted. For the next planting season, Stine corn customers donating to Make-A-Wish can earn a $20/unit discount on all full-price increase corn units purchased, shipped and planted in 2024. Donations can go toward granting wishes in the customer’s community of choice. Any bit helps, and we look forward to expanding this important initiative from coast to coast. View HarvestingWishes.com or work with your sales representative for more details.
On behalf of everyone at Stine, thank you for a great year. We’re so thankful for your support in 2023 and are excited for what lies ahead. Your hard work is foundational to our success, and Stine looks forward to another year of growth and prosperity with our grower customers by our side.